Tennis Court Bookings
Our tennis courts reopened with effect from 10:00 am on Friday 15th May as per the government and LTA guidelines . We will be opening the courts for 7 hours a day for 5 days a week, Friday, Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday closed Sunday and Monday to begin with. This will enable our staff to devise and maintain safe access to the courts with low risk to members and staff alike.
All courts must be booked on line, singles games only, both players to be racquets members of WWSC initially until we can gauge the demand (four players are allowed if they are from the same household but as above all must be racquets members).
You will be allowed to book a 1-hour slot, but must depart the court 5 minutes before the end of your hour to prevent any unnecessary contact and maintain social distancing.
In an effort to reduce possible congestion we are booking courts 1 ,4, 5 & 7 on the hour and courts 2, 3 & 6 on the half hour to stagger change overs.
The changing rooms are not available at the moment,.the toilets facilities will be available. The toilet facilities are now open and we ask you to please wash your hands.
Please read and follow our guidelines: -
1) You book your court slot on line.
2) You and your playing partner (who also must be a WWSC racquets member) turn up at the club entrance no more than 5 minutes before your court time. Ring the intercom. Your booking and membership will be checked by a member of staff.
3) You will be let in to the premises, walk down the corridor past the gym to the courts. There are pinch points her so please practice social distancing.
4) Play your game of tennis (please read the LTA players guidelines which are available on our website and we urge you to follow them. We will also be display them in the club).
5) After 55 minutes you will leave the court and leave the club via the grass area between the gym and the cricket field, then exit the club area into the car park to the right of the main reception. Please do not congregate there and leave the car park as soon as possible.
We will constantly be reviewing these procedures to ensure they are workable and streamlined to allow members a safe sporting experience.
We are not limiting the number of court bookings except to say you cannot book back to back slots at the moment.
Please remember this is strange and new to all of us and it is not the staff’s fault if these procedures are inconvenient to yourselves.
Play well and stay safe by social distancing and following the LTA’S guidelines.
Yours in sport.
Chairman of Trustees